College of Engineering
/ Student Organizations
/ Council of Engineering Graduate Students
/ Previous Events
/ Graduate Engineering Research Showcase
/ Graduate Engineering Research Showcase 2017
/ Presenter Resources
- Posters should be displayed by 1:00 pm to allow other presenters to view posters before the competition begins
- Presenters may bring one guest to the Awards Banquet
- Dress is business professional for the afternoon poster competition and business casual for the awards banquet
As you begin preparing for your poster presentation, keep in mind the following:
- The size of your poster must be no larger than 30" X 40". (Please note that this is the same poster size as required by the GSC Scholars Forum and Research Week).
- The poster evaluation sheet can be accessed here, so that you may see how the judges will be scoring your presentation and so that you may prepare accordingly.
- Do not mount your posters onto a foam or poster board. Foam boards and binder clips to mount your poster will be provided the day of the competition. Note that the poster board can be rotated on the easel, so you may prepare the poster in either 'portrait' or 'landscape' orientation.
- Posters can be printed for free at the Media and Digital Resource Lab on the first floor of the library. Posters can also be printed/laminated for a fee at Engineering Media Services in Shelby.
- Lamination is optional
- This is an individual poster presentation. Though a poster can have multiple authors, only one student may present.
- The use of props is not permitted and will result in disqualification from the competition.
Remember to invite your friends, lab-mates, and major professor attend the Showcase! If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Sep 21, 2017