College of EngineeringDepartment of Civil and Environmental EngineeringAcademicsGraduateDegreesNon-degree programNon-degree program

Non-degree program

  • After receiving a Bachelor's degree, if you are not ready to start or apply for graduate admission for a degree or certificate program but still want to take a few graduate courses, you can go through the non-degree graduate program.

  • Apply online ( in the ApplyYourself system, select "Non-Degree/Graduate School." Not the CE Department but the Graduate School and the College of Engineering will process your application. You need to submit your transcripts for the application.

  • The Letters of Recommendation (LORs) are not required for the Non-Degree/Graduate School applications.  The LOR section in the AY system will not disappear, however, you may skip the section.

  • With departmental approval, up to 12 non-degree credit hours of graduate courses may be used toward the degree/certificate.

  • You should contact the instructor to see whether you have an adequate academic background to take the course.