Graduate Courses

Graduate students can take graduate courses from different specialty areas in civil engineering, from other departments in the College of Engineering, and from departments in other colleges at Auburn University based on the approval of major advisor.  All course numbers ending in 6, e.g., CIVL 6216 Chemical Principles of Environmental Engineering, are possibly offered as video outreach option.


(1) Graduate Course Offerings

(2) You can register courses online using AU Access after you discuss and consult with your advisor what courses you should take.

(3) If you have a difficulty to register a particular course, you can contact Debbie Tidwell by email ( for help.

(4) All graduate students should get an approval from student’s advisor about what courses you can take each semester.  All graduate courses that you take from Auburn University will be eventually evaluated by student’s advisory committee when graduate courses are included in the official Plan of Study for the degree.  If you register/take courses without your advisor’s approval, those courses may not be approved by the advisory committee for the plan of study, therefore, those courses may not be counted towards the degree.

(5) All international students should register 9 credit hours as a full-time student in the first semester. After the first semester, students may use the "Full Course of Study Gold Form" to get an approval for taking fewer credit hours.  A Master student can use the Gold Form for four times and a Ph.D. student may use for six times (semesters). If an international student has a GRA/GTA/GA position, he/she has to register at least one credit hour in each semester (including summer), otherwise, taking classes in the summer is optional.

Last Updated: 1/29/18 4:30 PM