· ABET/Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC), Commisioner, 2005-2008.
· ABET/CAC Computer Science Accreditation Board (CSAB) Program Evaluator, Fall 2000, Fall 2003 and Fall 2004. Team Chair: Fall 2005.
- Visited and evaluated four Computer Science programs.
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Computer Society
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
· ACM Southeast Conference Homepage
- Web Master,
- Creation, update, and maintenance of the homepage (since 8/96).
· IEEE-Computer Society/ACM Curriculum Committee for Software Engineering (CCSE) member. - Chair for the Software Design Knowledge Area. 2002.
· Proposal Reviewer, Software Engineering Directory, National Science Foundation, 1999, 2003.
· Application Reviewer, Graduate Research Fellowship, Electrical, Computer and Industrial Engineering/Computer Science, National Science Foundation, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005.
· Application Reviewer, Homeland Security Research Fellowship, Computer Science Group, Department of Homeland Security, 2004, 2005
· Application Reviewer, Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2005
· Vice President and Member of Board of Directors (Elected in June, 1996, Fukuoka, Japan).
- International Society of Applied Intelligence (1/1997-12/1998)