Research and Outreach
During the past six years, Auburn chemical engineering has continued to increase in size and strength, allowing the program to provide distinct opportunities and advantages to its students, and produce innovative research.
- A talented team of 20 dynamic faculty members
- 92 graduate students (77 in the doctoral program)461 undergraduate students
- $7 million in new research awards in FY 10
- Ranked 25th nationally in total research and development expenditures by Chemical & Engineering News(www.cen-online.org) based on the 2008 NSF Annual Survey
- Ranked by US News and World Report as one of the top 50 “Best Graduate Schools” in chemical engineering
- $27.5 million in Ross Hall and Wilmore Laboratories facility renovations
Furthermore, chemical engineering is the host department for two research and education centers: The Alabama Center for Paper and Bioresource Engineering and The Center for Microfibrous Materials Manufacturing.
The major research thrusts in the Department of Chemical Engineering include:
- Biological Engineering and Bio-resource Processes
- Advanced Energy Resources and Systems
- Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Sustainable Engineering and Green Chemistry
Apr 17, 2017