Checklist to Become a Member
You must be in the top fourth of the junior class or third of the senior class of Mechanical Engineering majors.
You must have completed a full semester at Auburn University.
You must not be graduating this semester.
You must obtain three mechanical engineering professors’ signatures. One of these signatures must come from the faculty advisor, Dr. Williams (2436 Wiggins Hall).
You must complete or have completed two hours of community service this semester. Email proof of completion to the Service Chair.
You must polish and paint a brass bent as well as purchase ribbon for said bent corresponding to the Pi Tau Sigma colors of azure and murrey. The field must be painted black and the flame red. Bents can be obtained from Mrs. Clark in the Mechanical Engineering office in Wiggins Hall. Here is a good example:
You must attend one of the social events hosted by Pi Tau Sigma.
You must pay a one-time membership fee of $75 at the induction ceremony. The person with the best bent will have their induction fee waived.
You must attend induction.
Dinner will be provided following the induction ceremony.
Objectives of Pi Tau Sigma
- Foster high ideals in the engineering profession
- Stimulate and support departmental activities
- Promote professional welfare
- Develop leadership and citizenship
- Undergraduate degree from a school not having a Pi Tau Sigma chapter
- Recommendation from two Pi Tau Sigma faculty members
Honorary Membership Qualifications
- Successful achievements in Mechanical Engineering
- Full, Associate or Assistant Professors of Mechanical Engineering
Significance of Membership
- You are a lifetime member once you join.
- You are immediately recognized for your scholastic achievement.
- You have accepted responsibilities above and beyond the normal student activities.
- You have endorsed the engineering profession and indicated your support of it.