- Soo-Young Lee - Professor (Univ. of Texas at Austin - '87). Task partitioning and mapping, shared data management, parallel/distributed simulation, image processing applications.
- Stanley J. Reeves - Professor (Georgia Inst. of Tech. - '90). Signal processing, medical imaging, image and signal restoration and reconstruction, magnetic resonance imaging.
- Thaddeus A. Roppel - Associate Professor (Michigan State Univ. - 86). Neural networks and fuzzy logic; sensors and sensor fusion.
- Thomas S. Denney, Jr. - Professor (Johns Hopkins Univ. - '94). Magnetic resonance imaging, cardiovascular imaging, medical imaging, image processing, computer vision, image reconstruction.
- Gopikrishna Deshpande - Assistant Professor (Georgia Inst. of Tech. - 2007). Signal and image processing, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), network modeling of brain function, real-time brain state classification using machine learning, neurosciences & neuoengineering.
Completed and Curent Projects
- Cardiac motion reconstruction from magnetic resonance tagged image data.
- Development of electronic olfactory sensor (artificial nose) using Taguchi-type gas sensors and neural network information processing.
- Fast backprojection schemes for CT image reconstruction
- Optimal sampling strategies in magnetic resonance and magnetic resonance
- spectroscopic imaging.
- Optimized reconstruction in computed tomography.
- Parallel image reconstruction for 3-D computerized tomography
- Robust control system design for the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
- Study of artificial membrane biosensors for detection of contraband, explosives, and toxic substances. Funded in part by Federal Aviation Administration.
- Reconstruction and modeling of magnetic resonance images.
Oct 23, 2012