Master of Civil Engineering Degree
- Requires a minimum of 27 semester hours of graduate course work other than CIVL 7980.
- Three semester hours of Civil Engineering Project (CIVL 7980), culminating in a final written report approved by the student's advisory committee.
- Courses in related fields outside of the department can be taken as part of the mandatory 27 hours.
- The specific plan of study must be approved by the student's advisory committee.
- Must pass an on-campus comprehensive oral examination covering course work and the project.
- No language requirement.
- No residency requirement
- Special requirements for persons holding college degrees in fields other than Civil Engineering: Environmental Engineering Program
- Because there is no residency requirement, the M.C.E. (in the environmental area only) can be obtained anywhere in the world through the AU Graduate Outreach Program.
Feb 09, 2011