Auburn University China - India Interest Group was started as a voluteer group in the Spring of 2009 with the goals described below. Anyone may join the group by sending an e-mail to the facilitators and by attending monthly meetings (3rd Friday at 11 a.m, venue TBA) during the Fall and the Spring semesters.
- To increase the number and quality of graduate students at AU from the two countries with the world’s biggest populations and the most students studying abroad.
- To increase the number of visiting scholars from universities in these countries to AU and vice-versa so as to increase teaching and research opportunities for AU faculty.
- To advance and promote the name of AU in the academic and non-academic communities in these increasingly important countries.
- To bring a more accurate appreciation throughout AU for the academic programs in these countries and the extent to which they are becoming more competitive in academic circles.
- To increase the amount of collaborative and sponsored research between the AU faculty and the faculties in these countries, where academic research support is continually increasing.
- To increase the number of available graduate fellowships at AU for promising graduate students from these countries.
- To bring graduate students funded by their own countries. Such students seek better known researchers, scholars, and universities.
Dr. James Barth
Lowder Eminent Scholar in Finance
Dr. Paul Swamidass
Professor of Operation Management
Director, Thomas Walter Center
Steering Committee (Volunteers Needed)