July 10 - 29, 2016
The Alabama Power Academic Excellence Program’s (AEP) annual Summer Engineering Enrichment Program is an intensive three-week program for incoming under-represented Auburn University freshmen majoring in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering to prepare them for freshmen level pre-engineering courses. The program will be staffed by Auburn University faculty, graduate teaching assistants, counselors, and AEP administrators.
The aim of the program is to
- Increase students math, science and programming skills
- Expose students to the 11 engineering majors and Auburn campus resources and allow them to do a personal exploration of their major
- Develop/improve students’ critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, time management and study skills
- Introduce the students to a network of faculty, staff, administrators and fellow underrepresented engineering students
- Must be a member of a group traditionally underrepresented in engineering
- Must be a graduating high school senior admitted to Auburn’s College of Engineering for fall 2016
- Must have attended a Camp War Eagle session prior to July 10, 2016
- Must submit completed application package by Friday, March 18, 2016
Application information (apply here)
- Electronic submission of application, two letters of recommendation, high school transcript and a 750-word essay should be submitted to AEP at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 18, 2016.
- Two letters of recommendation must include one from school administrator, teacher or counselor, and one from an employer or community leader sent electronically.
Room, board, and materials for the program will be paid by the Alabama Power Academic Excellence Program. Transportation to and from Auburn University and other personal expenses are the responsibility of the student.